Business After Hours
Generally hosted on the third Thursday of each month, a member of the Chamber will host Business After Hours from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This gathering allows members to network with and meet fellow members, exchange business ideas, meet future Chamber members, and gives the host an opportunity to showcase their business. Space is limited so the Chamber encourages local business's to work together.
- The RHBC Chamber’s Business After Hours (BAH) are generally held on the third Thursday of the month from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Please contact the Chamber office to see about date availability.
- Due to the overwhelming popularity of these events and so that any member-business may have an opportunity to host a Business After Hours, we encourage businesses to partner with one another and get sponsors to help off-set hosting costs. In addition, we may not guarantee a business to be able to host a BAH’s from year to year.
- Host Business/Organization must be a member of good standing in the RHBC Chamber. Business may partner with others for the BAH’s. If partnering with other businesses, it is preferred, but not required that all are RHBC Chamber members.
- Host business(es) is asked to supply food (and supplies: i.e. plates, napkins, cups, etc.) as well as beverages (beer /wine and a non-alcoholic option (water, tea, lemonade, etc.) for about 75-100 people. Some tables (high tops) and seating is preferred, but not required.
- Host business is responsible for set-up and clean-up of event. Chamber staff will assist with both.
- Other things to consider: parking, weather, is venue large enough to accommodate about 75 people. Location must have restroom facilities.
- RHBC Chamber will market the event in its weekly e-newsletter, on its web site, via social media and will mail a post-card invitation to members two weeks prior to event. It will also issue a press release to local media for the event.
- RHBC Chamber staff will handle event registration. We can also arrange for volunteers (through our Ambassadors Council) to assist with event.
- The BAH’s is for Chamber members, invited guests and future members. In general, it is not open to the general public. There is no charge for members and invited guests to attend the event.
- Hosting business is encouraged (but not required) to provide 2 door prizes for the event. Host will have opportunity to speak at the event. RHBC Chamber has portable P/A system and will provide upon request.
- For more information, log on to www.RHBCchamber.org or contact Brianne M. Yontz at (912) 756-3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coffee & Conversation / Lunch & Learn
Once a month, the RHBC Chamber hosts a Coffee & Conversation and/or Lunch & Learn. The purpose of these events is to inform, educate, update the local business community on a wide-variety of subject matter. Topics may vary and cover a wide-range of subjects such as; Social Media Marketing, Public Relations, Marketing on a Shoe String, Hiring & Firing, Employment Requirements, Accounting Software, Financials, etc. This is an informational, informal, educational opportunity; it is not a sales pitch. The presenter/speaker/facilitator must be an expert in his/her field or topic they are addressing and must be a member in good standing of the RHBC Chamber.
New Member Orientation Breakfast
The RHBC Chamber of Commerce hosts a New Member Orientation Breakfast twice a year to help inform new members about everything the Chamber has to offer and how to make the most of a Chamber membership. The event also gives members the opportunity to meet RHBC Chamber Board of Directors and other lead volunteers.
Workshops & Webinars
We encourage local colleges and businesses to provide workshops and webinars for our Chamber members. Past workshops include Quickbooks, Adobe, Paint Shop and Microsoft Office.