Richmond Hill Bryan County Chamber Seeking CEO/ Director
The Richmond Hill Bryan County Chamber of Commerce is seeking a career-minded, dynamic, energetic, and highly motivated individual for the position of CEO / Director. The successful candidate will plan, coordinate, and assist in the development and execution of current and long-range programs to achieve major community and organizational goals. The position is responsible for supervising support personnel and managing administrative and financial affairs of the Chamber office. Additionally, the CEO / Director will promote the growth, prosperity, and social well-being of the City of Richmond Hill and Bryan County through the combined efforts of the Chamber of Commerce Board, Committee Chairs, Volunteers, the Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Development Authority of Bryan County, along with elected leaders and City/County/Board of Education.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, current resume, and professional references to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.
Title: CEO / Director
Reports to: Executive Board of Directors
Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship between the Richmond Hill Bryan County (RHBC) Chamber of Commerce and key businesses, local government, education, public policy organizations as well as regional chambers, and other regional organizations to foster a nurturing business environment for members.
The CEO / Director is ultimately responsible for all operations of the RHBC Chamber of Commerce and serves as the primary point of contact for the organization’s officers, the Board of Directors, elected officials and community leaders.
CHAMBER FACTS AND INFORMATION
Currently the Richmond Hill Bryan County Chamber of Commerce has 525+ dues-paying members; in addition, it has 31 “community partner” members (i.e. local school board, city, county government entities, etc.) The Richmond Hill Bryan County Chamber of Commerce represents the City of Richmond Hill, Georgia and Bryan County, the fastest growing county in the state of Georgia. Located just 15 miles south of Savannah, our community is poised for and experiencing rapid growth in all sectors: residential, commercial, and industrial. Bryan County was recently named home of Hyundai Motor Group’s Metasite, the company’s first fully dedicated electric vehicle and battery manufacturing facility, with an investment of $5.54 billion in our county and the creation of approximately 8,100 new jobs.
This position, with authority and direction granted by the Board of Directors, shall be the CEO / Director of the Chamber of Commerce. He/She shall have overall responsibility for the complete administration and operation of the Chamber as it involves program, planning and operations.
The CEO / Director shall plan, coordinate, and execute both short and long-range programs to achieve goals. He/She shall, with the approval of the Board of Directors, hire sufficient staff necessary for the successful implementation of the Program of Work.
He/She shall serve as a consultant to the Chamber’s Board of Directors and committee chairman. He/She shall promote good working relations with public officials and other public and business agencies. He/She shall maintain control of the budget.
The CEO / Director shall maintain continual contact with the Chairman of the Board, shall make a monthly report to the Executive Committee and monthly reports to the Board of Directors on the status of the organization.
• Responsible for overseeing all operations of the Chamber including, but not limited to Finances, Employee Management, Advertising, Sales, and Event Planning and Management
• In coordination with the Board of Directors, write and supervise implementations of the annual Program of Work
• Work with the Board to develop and implement a Strategic Plan
• In coordination with the Treasurer, Board Chair and finance committee prepare an annual operating budget and maintain chamber expenditures within the budgetary limitations
• Employ, train, supervise, and direct all staff
•Represent the Chamber before civic and political bodies and maintain a
continuing liaison and assist with activities for such groups where it falls within the Chamber’s mission
• Engage in public relations activity on behalf of the Chamber and business community
• Participate in long range planning for improvement of the Chamber and community
• Develop improved services and administrative techniques, plan and
recommend improvement of activities, effectiveness, and operation of the
• Bring to the attention of the Directors trends, incidents, actions, and events that
affect the community and the Chamber membership
• Work to increase and retain membership
• Make official Chamber visits to members through-out the year
• Personally consult with members on Chamber services and ways to improve their business
• Three or more years of Executive Chamber Leadership is preferred.
• Certified Chamber of Commerce Executive (CCE), Certified Association Executive (CAE), or US Chamber Institute of Organization Management (IOM) preferred.
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
• Effective at written communications.
• Outstanding time management skills.
• Strong ability to foster teamwork and collaboration between Board members, staff, members, community leaders and regional chambers.
• Strong executive and supervisory skills, including ability to plan, organize, lead, delegate, and monitor.
• Ability to work a wide and flexible range of business hours.
• Ability and willingness to do fundraising.
•Ability to manage a budget, analyze organization performance, and project financial performance.
• Proficient user knowledge of computer operation and systems, specifically including MS Office products.
• Proficient knowledge of computer systems, specifically in MS Office
• Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills, including development
• Outstanding time management skills
• Ability to communicate – verbal, non-verbal and listening skills with volunteers, members, peers, and coworkers.
• Supervisory skills – ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow-up.
• Requirements generally occurring in an office environment, including but not limited to keyboarding, file retrieval, and communicating (verbal and written).
• Standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling.
• Some lifting and carrying
• Must be able to work some irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
o Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all inclusive. The incumbent may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description commensurate with the needs of the organization. The responsibilities may also change over time. This Position Description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.”
Richmond Hill, GA 31324